If you are not able to automatically update your installation of Avira Free Antivirus to the latest virus definitions for any reason, then don’t worry. It is still very easy to update it manually. Using this method, you can also update Avira Antivirus on such a computer which is not directly connected to the internet. To update, just follow the simple steps given below:
- Go to Avira’s official website and there click on the “More about VDF” link in the “Latest VDF Status” block present in almost center of the page as shown in the following screen shot. Continue reading How to Manually Update Avira Free Antivirus
Since last few versions, WordPress comes with an automatic method of upgrading any installed plugins but this method fails on most free web hosting servers. In such a situation, the need of upgrading a plugin manually via ftp arises. Here is a short tutorial on how to do this.
- First of all, go to the plugin’s home page on wordpress .org and do two things there.
- Download the latest version of the plugin by clicking on the download link in the upper right corner.
- Click on the “Installation” tab.
- Read all the content present in this tab carefully to see if the developer of the plugin has given some special instructions about upgrading that particular plugin.
- If yes, then just follow those instructions and ignore the next steps of this tutorial.
- If the developer has not given any specific instructions then follow the general procedure given below.
- Deactivate the plugin by going into the admin panel of your wordpress blog: Dashboard>Plugins
- Log on to the ftp server of your website and delete the files of thet plugin present in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Unzip the plugin file you have just downloaded from wordpress.org.
- Now upload these new files to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to Dashboard>Plugins in the admin panel of your wordpress blog and activate the plugin.
and you are done!!!!
To stay on safe side, you may want to backup the database of your blog before going through this procedure.